Program Length 115 Hours
Full-time and Part-time sessions available
Texts: Milady Standard Esthetics: Fundamentals
DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVES:
The Wax Technician program is designed to train the student in the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, business development, retail training, and desirable attitudes necessary to obtain licensure and for competency in job entry-level positions as a wax technician or a related career field. The emphasis of this course is to study the growth of hair and removal methods. Upon completion of the course requirements, the determined graduate will be able to:
- Project a positive attitude and a sense of personal integrity and self-confidence.
- Project professionalism, visual poise and proper grooming.
- Communicate effectively and interact appropriately with colleagues, supervisors and clients.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employment environment.
- Perform basic manipulative skills in the areas of waxing and hair removal.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to advise clients.
- Apply academic learning, technical information and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
To ensure continued career success, the graduate will continue to learn new and current information related to skills, trends, and methods for career development in Hair Removal and related fields.
(The below hours may change and be adjusted per section as needed by the school within state requirements)
Theory , lab and clinical instruction in subjects such as Orientation, Laws & Regulations, Skin Care & Treatment, Skin Theory & Structure, Client Consultation, Waxing Procedures & Treatments, Hair Removal, Business Skills (per the Esthetics program) – 115 hours. The curriculum requirements for waxing must include the following minimum performances: Arms 4 , Back 2, Bikini area 6 , Brows 12 , Chest 1 , Facial (face, chin, cheek)/Lip 6 , Leg 3 , Underarm 2
This program is accredited by NACCAS but it is not available for Title IV financial aid due to number of hours.
All courses and schedules are available on a minimum class start. Classes may be cancelled, postponed or rescheduled due to class, faculty or instructor scheduling conflict, as well as in the case of insufficient enrollment. The Esthetic Institute reserves the right to make said changes without prior notice. The School offers makeup hours for students enrolled in licensure classes who would like to make up missed hours. All programs offered by The Esthetic Institute follow similar procedures in that the same instructional methods apply and the same grading procedures are followed for each program. Those policies are stated in the school catalog and are considered to be an integral part of each of the program outlines contained in this site.All educational programs at the Esthetic Institute are taught in English.