Financial Aid and Federal Assistance Programs

The school is approved as an eligible institution by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Title IV grant and loan programs. The packaging of financial assistance is determined according to guidelines set by the US Department of Education. Our Admissions Department and Third Party Provider, will help determine what financial aid services you are eligible for.  Financial aid is available at the Esthetic Institute for programs that are 600 hours and over that means the Esthetic Standard and Master Esthetic classes. 

Applying for Federal Student Aid  :

For 2024/25 FAFSA which will be required for any program starting after July 1 2024, we recommend that you wait till mid-April before submitting. The site is having issues with the changes that have been implemented, as such we are not yet receiving the school copy to ascertain your eligibility.

When you do complete your FAFSA please make sure to add Esthetic Institute
OPEID school code 04267700 so we receive a copy.

Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s)

5. I filled out the FAFSA, what do I do next?

Have you contacted the school to apply for our programs? You can submit a request through the website or call 703-288-4228 ext 105.

Due to the high volume of FAFSAs sent to us, we generally only evaluate the federal student aid eligibility of students who express a serious interest in our program.

Once you have completed the FAFSA make sure to email us or call us 703-288-4228 ext 105 and let us know that you have completed your FAFSA and also let us know which program and which schedule you are insterested in.  Once we receive your FAFSA (allow 48-72 hours after you have completed it on your end) we will contact you via email to confirm information and or request further documentation.

 The Financial Aid Representative will then contact our Financial Aid Servicing Center who will then complete the process and create an “Estimated Financial Plan” for you based on your EFC. This Estimated Financial Plan will then be reviewed with you.

When we contact you please make sure to have the following items – ALL OF THESE ARE REQUIRED – we will not be able to finalize your enrollment without them:

  • Valid State ID with Picture (DL or State ID, or Passport)
  • Social Security Number
  • Seat reservation fee
  • HS diploma, GED, Proof of degree or credential conferred: Official final college or university transcript, stating academic credential has been awarded, Official college transcript with 60+ credits toward a bachelor degree. All Transcripts MUST be Official which means they are signed and stamped by an accredited school or college. If foreign national and diploma is from abroad, you must send your paperwork to an evaluator and receive an evaluation report (your diploma must be equivalent to at least US high school).
  • Immigration Documents (if applicable)
  • Any and all Verification documents requested

Q. Which FAFSA do I fill out?

If you intend to attend classes between July 1, 2024 and June 30, 2025, you will need to complete a 2024-25 FAFSA.

Q. What’s my college grade level for the FAFSA?

Select your grade level based on your hours with The Esthetic Institute at the start of the award year (July 1st):

  • 1-900 hours: 1st Year Undergraduate – never attended college OR 1st Year Undergraduate – attended college before (depending on your college history)

Q. What college degree/certificate am I working on for the FAFSA?

Certificate or diploma (occupational, technical or education program of less than two years)

Q. I don’t live with my parents, do I need to report their information on the FAFSA?

If you are a dependent student, then yes. In some special circumstances, a dependent student may qualify for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans, or for a Dependency Override, but that will require additional documentation. See for more information regarding parent information, and to see if you are a dependent student.

Q. My parents are divorced or separated, which parent do I report on the FAFSA? 

Check here: Follow the instructions for the FAFSA, even if you are claimed as a dependent on a different parent’s taxes. The IRS dependency rules are different from the U.S. Department of Education’s.

Q. I can’t log into the FAFSA. 

Please contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243.

Q. I haven’t filed federal taxes for 2021. Can I still fill out a 2023-24 FAFSA? 

You can fill it out, just report whether you intend to file, your income earned from work (if any) for 2021, and accurate information regarding your sources of support (read the FAFSA questions regarding additional financial income and untaxed income carefully to see if anything should be included).

If you were required to file federal taxes in the reported year and you haven’t, you will be unable to receive federal student aid until that has been resolved. (Generally, by filing your taxes. If you have an extension from the IRS, make sure you bring proof to the Office of Financial Aid, and we’ll give you instructions.

Do I Need to File a Tax Return? (2019, 2020, or 2021 tax years)

Q. I filed taxes, but can’t find a copy of my tax return. What should I do now?

You can use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA to import your data. Just make sure you remember the address and filing status you reported at that time! If you need your tax return information for other reasons, you can request an IRS Tax Return Transcript at

Q. I filed taxes, but I can’t use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.

There are a few possibilities. First, if you can, check your taxes to make sure your name, SSN, and address were spelled correctly. Second, are you checking the filing status you reported on that year’s taxes? (For instance, if you reported Single on your taxes, and select Head of Household in the FAFSA, it will produce an error.) Third, is there a conflict between your current marital status and the marital status reported on your taxes? (For instance, are you currently Divorced, but your taxes were filed as Married Filing Jointly?) If you’ve checked, try contacting the Federal Student Aid Information Center at: 1-800-433-3243.

If that doesn’t work, you may have to manually enter your tax information.

Q. My FAFSA was selected for Verification. What does that means?

Verification is a quality-control process of confirming the information you provided on your FAFSA.  If you are told that your FAFSA was selected for verification, that doesn’t mean you’ve done anything wrong! The Department of Education selects some students for verification at random. We will notify you if you are selected for verification and which worksheet and any documentation you will need to provide. Be aware that documentation may take time to arrive, and plan accordingly. No federal student aid (Federal Pell Grant or Federal Direct Loans) will be disbursed (paid) until verification is complete. No Federal Direct Loans will be originated until verification is complete. Students eligible to receive a Pell Grant, or  Direct Loan must have completed the Verification process before the start of the program or have made arrangements with the school for payment of all tuition and fees due in the iterim.

Q. Why am I being asked for Income and Tax information?

If you (or your parent, if you are a dependent student) filed taxes for the year requested in FAFSA, please use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) in the FAFSA. This will fulfill all income and tax documentation verification requirements. The answer to each question imported in the FAFSA will read “Transferred from the IRS.”  If you are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, we will ask that you provide a IRS Tax Return Transcript. You will need your SSN, date of birth, and mailing address from your latest tax return.
You have to go to the IRS website and request it: or Call 1-800-908-9946 Follow the prompts to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript.”

If you (or your parent, if you are a dependent student) did not and will not file taxes for the requested FAFSA year, you must provide a Verification of Non-Filing Letter and your W-2s (if applicable). To request the Verification of Non-Filing Letter, You have to go to the IRS website and request it: or Call 1-800-908-9946 Follow the prompts to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript.”

Q. Why am I being asked for all my previous college and school transcripts?

If you have enrolled in a number of colleges, the Department of Education may ask for confirmation that you are a serious student before allowing federal student aid funds to be disbursed. In general, a student whose FAFSA is flagged for an Unusual Enrollment History must provide transcripts for all institutions where the student received a Pell Grant or a Direct Loan for any of the previous award years (the 4 award years prior to the current award year). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable as long as they have official letterhead, are sent directly to the financial aid office, or are retrieved in the financial aid office directly from the school site and signed by an authorized staff member.


Q. I’m in default, can I still apply for financial aid?

You cannot receive Federal Student Aid until you clear your default. Please contact the Default Resolution Group at 1-800-621-3115 to clear your default.  NEW!: You may be able to reestablish eligibility for Federal Student Aid under the Fresh Start initiative.

You may be able to receive outside grants or scholarship aid.

Q. How long does it take to clear a default?

It varies, but typically you will be required to make 9-10 monthly payments. The details will depend on terms of your arrangement with the Default Resolution Group. For more information on getting out of default, see

Having a lien placed against your tax return or other involuntary payments will probably not count!

Am I eligible to receive financial aid?


To be eligible to receive federal student aid, you must:

      • demonstrate financial need (for most programs);

      • be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen;

      • have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);

      • be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program;

      • be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds;

      • maintain satisfactory academic progress in college or career school;

      • sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA®) form stating that

        • you are not in default on a federal student loan,
        • you do not owe money on a federal student grant, and
        • you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and
      • show you’re qualified to obtain a college or career school education by

        • having a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate;
        • completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law (or—if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential—completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law); or
        • enrolling in an eligible career pathway program and meeting one of the “ability-to-benefit” alternatives described below.

      Additional eligibility requirements can apply in certain situations including for non-U.S. citizens, students with criminal convictions, and students with intellectual disabilities.

      Some federal student aid programs have their own eligibility criteria in addition to the general requirements listed above. Check with your college’s financial aid office if you have questions about a particular program.

Registering for Selective Service

Most male students must be registered with Selective Service to receive federal student aid. You must register if you are a male and are not currently on active duty in the U.S. armed forces. You can call Selective Service toll-free at 1-888-655-1825 for general information about registering, or register online at or while completing the FAFSA form. Note: If you are a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the Republic of Palau, you are exempt from registering.

Many types of federal student aid, such as the Federal Pell Grant or subsidized loans where the government pays the interest while you are in college, also require you to have financial need. Additionally, once you have a bachelor’s degree or a first professional degree, you are generally not eligible for Pell or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG).

Other requirements may apply specially if you are selected for verification.

We offer the following Types of Financial Aid

Federal Pell Grants: Intended to be the basis of the financial aid package and may be combined with other aid to meet the full cost of attendance. The Federal Pell Grant is a need based aid program in which an eligible recipient does not have to repay the funds received.

Federal Direct Loan Program: These are low interest loans for undergraduate and graduate students that are made available through the Federal Government. This program includes the Federal Direct Subsidized, Federal Direct Unsubsidized and Federal Direct Plus loans. There are grade level progressions and loan limits used for the administration of these loans. The following Direct Loans are made through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program, which is administered by the U.S. Department of Education:

Federal Direct Subsidized Loan: This is a need-based-loan for which the Federal government subsidizes the interest until repayment begins and during any period of deferment. This is a loan and recipients must begin making payments at the end of their six-month grace period.

Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: This is a non-need-based loan for which the Federal Government does not pay the interest subsidy. Interest accrues during all periods. The recipient has the option to pay the interest or to defer payment of the interest for the grace period. This is known as capitalization. This is a loan and recipients must begin making payments at the end of their six-month grace period.

Federal Direct Plus Loan: This loan is available to parents of dependent undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of the dependent’s education. Borrowers of PLUS Loans are required to undergo a credit check by the lending institution. The definition of a “parent for PLUS Loan eligibility is a student’s biological, adoptive or step-parent in the event that person’s income would have been taken into consideration when calculating the student’s expected family contribution (EFC). Interest is charged during all periods.

The Esthetic Institute does not offer any scholarships.


For your convenience and to help you determine the Cost of Attendance, please click on the Net Price Calculator button below:


Net Price Calculator



Applying for Federal Student Aid

Go to : :

Please fill out the 2024-25 FAFSA  and make sure to add Esthetic Institute OPEID school code 04267700

STEP 1:  Determining your Dependency Status

For purposes of applying for federal student aid, what’s the difference between a dependent student and an independent student?

Read the definitions, find out who has to provide parent information on the FAFSA® form, and learn what to do if you aren’t in contact with your parents.


Click here read and answer the questions all the way to the end to determine   Am I dependent or independent?

Please NOTE that whatever you respond above must be accurate as VERIFICATION Documentation may be requested. If your verification documentation does not match or confirm your responses, then they will not be considered.


Step 2: Obtaining a FSA ID

First thing you have to do is have an FSA id – you create that online   – unless you already have one. If you do not have it, you have to create one and usually takes 1-3 days. Once you have you ID, Go to: Step 3

If you are a dependent student both you and one of your parent’s will need to create an FSA User ID. 

Step 3: FAFSA

Gathering the Documents Needed to Apply  (taxes, w2s, other untaxed income forms etc.) also see links at the bottom of this page on how best to use IRS tools and complete the FAFSA online at FAFSA.ED.GOV. 

Also Try This Resource

2024–25 FAFSA dependancy Worksheet—Provides a preview of the questions students and parents may be asked while completing the FAFSA form.

PAY ATTENTION to what you put on your FAFSA – take your time and answer accurately and correctly

Inconsistencies between information reported on the FAFSA and federal income tax returns often reveal unreported income and assets. People who lie on financial aid application forms are often caught. About one-third of FAFSAs are selected for verification, where the applicant has to provide copies of independent third-party documentation of the data reported on the FAFSA. In contrast, the IRS audits only about one percent of federal income tax returns.Schools are precluded from disbursing federal student aid until conflicting information is resolved.The IRS and the U.S. Department of Education continue to share data to improve accuracy and detect fraud on the FAFSA. Families must now either use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to complete or update the FAFSA, or ask the IRS to send a tax transcript directly to the school. It is no longer sufficient for the family to provide a photocopy of the federal income tax return.Intentionally providing false and misleading information on the FAFSA is fraud. The penalties for lying on the FAFSA include, but are not limited to, fines of up to $20,000 and up to five years of jail time, in addition to repaying the financial aid received by the student. Schools may suspend or expel a student for providing false information on financial aid application forms.

Please note: If you have already completed a FAFSA  at or for another school, using your FSA User ID and Password, please go to and click on “Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA”. Add the Federal school code for the Esthetic Institute OPEID 04267700. Make sure that you tell the Financial Aid Representative that you have completed the FAFSA elsewhere and that you have made the correction to add the new Federal school code.

Step 4: Notify us that you have completed FAFSA and are interested in our program.

Once you have completed the FAFSA make sure to email us or call us 703-288-4228 ext 105 and let us know that you have completed your FAFSA and also let us know which program and which schedule you are insterested in.  Once we receive your FAFSA (allow 48-72 hours after you have completed it on your end) we will contact you via email to confirm information and or request further documentation. 

PLEASE NOTE THAT ESTHETIC INSTITUTE CLOSES FAFSA APPLICATION PROCESSING 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF EACH CLASS START DATE SO AS TO ALLOW AMPLE TIME TO FINALIZE ALL PAPERWORK AND VERIFICATION NECESSARY. (Our definition of an application deadline, is NOT the date we receive your FAFSA form BUT the date your FAFSA form is processed. If you are selected for verification you will have 14 days to submit all required documents, if we do not receive the documentation requested in that time frame your application will not be processed.)

STEP 5: Loan Entrance Counseling  &  Financial Awareness Counseling

When you are borrowing from the Federal Direct Loan Program, you are required to participate in loan counseling prior to receiving a Federal Direct Loan. This is to ensure that you understand your rights, your responsibilities and the obligation you are assuming when borrowing.  Go to https://student and complete the entrance counseling. Print a copy of your confirmation and have it with you for the school meeting.

STEP 6: Completing the Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN) EMPN

If you are a first time borrower of the Federal Direct Stafford Loan, you are required to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) before the loan funds can be disbursed. You can complete and sign your Federal Direct Stafford Loan MPN at https://student using your PIN by selecting the Complete New MPN for Student Loan option.

STEP 7: Completing the PLUS EMPN (parent)

Parents of dependent students who are taking out a loan to pay for their child’s education should complete a new MPN for Parent PLUS Loans. You can complete and sign your Federal Direct PLUS Loan MPN at https://student using your PIN by selecting the Complete New MPN for Parent PLUS Loan option.


Please note that if you have any problems with your FSA ID log in or registration or the FAFSA website we can not assist with those, and it would be best to contact those website support teams to expedite your resolution. We have the same access as you do.

To schedule an appointment for financial aid services, please contact us online or call our Admissions Department at (703) 288-4228, ext. 105 or email 

Please make sure to visit the Federal Student Aid Website for updated information and details about:


and much more…so you can make an informed decision about using Title IV financial Aid.

How to Request IRS Transcripts and Verification of Non-filing Letter?

Transcript Types and Ways to Order Them

Ways to Get Transcripts

You may register to use Get Transcript Online to view, print, or download all transcript types listed below.

If you’re unable to register or you prefer not to use Get Transcript Online, you may order a tax return transcript and/or a tax account transcript using Get Transcript by Mail or call 800-908-9946. Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery.

You may also request any transcript type listed below by faxing/mailing Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return as instructed on the form.

Transcript Types

We offer the following transcript types at no charge to you:

  • Tax Return Transcript – shows most line items including your adjusted gross income (AGI) from your original tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as filed, along with any forms and schedules. It doesn’t show changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is only available for the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years. A tax return transcript usually meets the needs of lending institutions offering mortgages and student loans. Note: the secondary spouse on a joint return must use Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T to request this transcript type. When using Get Transcript by Mail or phone, the primary taxpayer on the return must make the request.
  • Tax Account Transcript – shows basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income and all payment types. It also shows changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is available for the current tax year and up to 10 prior years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. When using Get Transcript by Mail or phone, you’re limited to the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years. Note: If you made estimated tax payments and/or applied an overpayment from a prior year return, you can request this transcript type a few weeks after the beginning of the calendar year to confirm your payments prior to filing your tax return.
  • Record of Account Transcript – combines the tax return and tax account transcripts above into one complete transcript. This transcript is available for the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T.
  • Wage and Income Transcript – shows data from information returns we receive such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098 and Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information. Current tax year information may not be complete until July. This transcript is available for up to 10 prior years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T.
  • Verification of Non-filing Letter – provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year you requested. It doesn’t indicate whether you were required to file a return for that year. This letter is available after June 15 for the current tax year or anytime for the prior three tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. You must use Form 4506-T if you need a letter for tax years older than the prior three years.

Note: A transcript can show return and/or account data. It also can show changes or transactions made after you filed your original return. Transaction codes consist of three digits. They are used to identify a transaction being processed and to maintain a history of actions posted to a taxpayer’s account. For further information regarding transaction codes, please see Document 11734 – Transaction Code Pocket Guide (PDF).

Note: A transcript isn’t a photocopy of your return. If you need a copy of your original return, complete and mail Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, along with the applicable fee.

Refer to Get Transcript frequently asked questions for more information.

How to fix address matching problems when ordering online

When entering the information into the IRS address matching system note the following:

  • The address entered must match the address already on file with the IRS exactly.
  • The address on file is typically the address on your most recent tax return.
  • Spelling out the word “street” rather than using the abbreviation “st.” can be enough to cause an error.
  • Addresses on the IRS system are auto-corrected through a post office program and may not match what you put on your tax return.

We suggest the following if you run into problems:

  • Have your taxes in front of you and enter the address carefully as it is on your return.
  • If you entered your address as it appears on your return and it doesn’t work, try using the standardized version of your address.
    • To get a standardized version of your address: 1) go to 2) Click Look Up a Zip Code 3) Enter Street Address, City, State 4) Click Find
  • If you still have problems, the Website Help Desk can be reached toll-free at 1-800-876-1715, Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Eastern Time).

The U.S. Department of Education provides information on student loans at and Any student who needs help accessing or understanding this information is welcome to contact the Office of Financial Aid and we will do our best to assist.

Guide to repaying your federal student loans

Here’s a guide to repaying your federal student loans.

Understanding how to repay your federal student loans can save you a lot of time and money. We’re here to help you manage repayment and answer any questions you have along the way.


Federal Student Loans: 

Understanding the details of repayment on your federal student loan can save you time and money. Find out

I need more information about my loan servicer.

Try This Resource

Federal Student Loans: Repaying Your Loans—Provides information about federal student loan repayment plan options, finding loan history and loan servicers, and making payments.

“How to Manage Your Student Loans” Video

Check out this video to learn more about changing repayment plans, postponing or reducing your payments, or combining your federal student loans. (Captioning available in English and Spanish; just start the video and click on the CC symbol at the bottom.)


Student Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation, and Discharge

There are some circumstances that may result in your no longer having to repay your loan.  For instance, some or all of your loan could be forgiven in exchange for your performing certain types of service such as teaching or public service. Or the obligation to make further payments on your loan might be discharged based on specific factors such as your school closing or your becoming totally and permanently disabled. Take a look at all the possibilities in the link above.


Click for Details